Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

The day of love! We had a pretty good day! The kids and I watched the movie Fireproof! I seriously could watch that movie over and over again. I watched it last Saturday and then again on Sunday. I just love that movie. Mikayla has been on us for days now about watching the movie. So her wish was our command this afternoon. The movie still tears me up. We played the Wii and munched on food. We didn't go out or doing anything. My hubby finally stepped out of the box and created his Facebook profile. I about fell over when he told me what he had done. He is already up to like 10 friends. Way to go, Jason. I think the only reason that he did it was because a couple of guys that we go to church with had facebook profiles and I have been bugging him for months about doing it. So he did. If you have a profile, look him up and become his friend, he could use some more :0). Then it was off to bed. Now hubby and I are spending some quite time together with our TV. Watching 48 hours mystery. It was a typical Saturday in our house, not really caring that it was Valentine's Day. We don't make a big deal out of it. The kids were happy with the cards and money that their Grandma Bottelberghe sent them, you could see the wheels turning in the teenagers head. Ha,Ha!! Tomorrow will consist of church (we are greeting at 8am service, we love greeting) and then off to our friends house for the NASCAR race. Not much of a race fan anymore but still love to go and hang out with friends. Monday will be a day to just hang out and enjoy a day off from school. Monday begins my piano lessons. My first student will be that night. My nerves are okay right now. I am confident in my abilities. I have been teaching my own kids for a month now and I am seeing great progress in them. Especially Mikayla. She is excited to move forward in her book. Some days it is hard to get motivated to teach them but the time goes by so fast. I am sure that is how it will be with my students as we get going and we get to know each other. It is all good. I am going to become a pro at teaching piano lessons before summer arrives. By fall my goal is to have at least 6-8 students. I am moving forward with my curriculum. Not sure yet what I am going to use, but do have a scope and sequence for each grade level through 12th grade. I am ready and will be more ready as we get going! Have a wonderful Saturday evening (what is left of it), must finishing watching my show now!

Cathi

No comments: