Friday, May 22, 2009

End of the first week!

WOW, hard to believe that it is Friday already! This is our 3rd day home and so far it hasn't been too bad! There was a little drama in the afternoon yesterday but nothing to earth shattering!! I think it has helped a little bit that Briana has been at driver's ed every day since school got out! She is gone from 8-2pm. Next Wednesday is her last classroom session and then she will have to go the middle of June to do the driving portion! She will not be getting her "official" license yet. She will get her little slip of paper that says that she can only drive with a licensed adult! I don't see her getting a "real" license until next summer when she is 15 or maybe when she is 15 1/2. I don't know. That will depend on if she gets a job this summer or not. She is going to be doing some babysitting for a friend of Colby's who lives not far from here. That should help with the shoe fetish!!! UGG!!! I am heading to the Cities tomorrow night for a couple of days with a couple of dear friends of mine! I am so looking forward to getting out of dodge, spending some time with girlfriends and leaving my family behind so that I can recharge!!! We have started a small portion of our homeschooling already but nothing real big. About 10 minutes a day on phonics with the 3 younger ones! They have been enjoying it! Our math curriculum arrived in the mail yesterday and I am totally overwhelmed! I am not sure that this is the right math for them. But I am going to give it a fair shot and go from there and see if it will work after all! We have begun our baseball/softball season already! Briana has had 2 games this week and has won both games, her team is looking very promising this year, so that is a plus! Colby has had 2 games also, and he is lovin' it!!! Mikayla's first game was suppose to be last night but it had to be postponed, so her first official game will be Tuesday night. Then let the rat race begin! Anyway....I have my days where I don't think reality has set in yet that I am no longer employed! It is so weird! I think it won't sink in until after school resumes for the Garretson kids in August, then I might need a reality check!!! Have a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend! God bless you all!

Cathi

No comments: