Tuesday, August 4, 2009

We survived!

First day of school down, 179 some left to go! Ha,ha! It is going to be an interesting school year. We have some major tweeking to do to the schedule but I know with a little patience and some perseverence we can do it! Need to find some happy mediums when it comes to working with each kids individually, but that will come the more we do it! This morning is park time, where we meet with other homeschoolers at the park and the kids play and the moms talk, so we will have a small school time this morning and then hit the books again this afternoon. I am trying to keep the kids' afternoons free for rest, reading and play....but if we don't get anything accomplished in the morning, the we will have to school in the afternoon. That may be the way I have to work it with Briana and Mikayla. Give them free time in the morning and I work with Colby and Keara in the morning. Oh I have no idea what I am doing, still learning this whole thing myself. Each day is something new. Briana made carrot cake last night for dessert, all by herself. It was AWESOME!!!! I took pics so I will post them with this entry. Very impressed that she took it all on herself. She called my cell and asked me to pick her up 2 jars of carrot baby food so I did. I had to run into the dentist and then get milk afterward so I was at Wal-Mart at just the right time for her. Glad she is stepping up and wanting to do stuff like that. Pretty proud of my teenager!!! She isn't like most teenagers today! She has her moments, but don't we all???? Well I better get those pics posted and get my kids up for another school day! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Cathi





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job guys! :)

Kath- said...

That is great that she did that for the family she must have a big heart. You should be very proud of her. As for the schooling hang in there it will all fall into place. I have a really good friend who home schools and this is her second year and she has learned so much. Be patient it will all come together.