Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Today......

I know that I said my next post would highlight some of my favorite photos from vacation but I just can't decide which ones are my favorite because they are all my favorites! :) Anyway.....life is slowly returning to normal for us around here. We have been home a little over a week now and we are getting back into a normal sleep routine and everything else that has been out of whack from vacation! I have gotten all my pictures from my camera onto my computer and now comes the task of getting them developed and sorted. I have many ideas of what I am going to do with the pictures and sand from the beach from our vacation. So it is just getting it done, but that will have to wait until the kids go back to school!

In answer to my question from my last post about what 2 states we missed.....DRUM ROLL........West Virginia and New Hampshire we the two that we missed! Believe it or not, we found a Hawaii jeep in the parking lot at the Grand Canyon and Alaska somewhere in Nevada (and several more Alaska cars along our way home)!!!! The kids were sure that we wouldn't get Hawaii, but I told them to not be so sure of themselves! There was a whole bunch of whoop-whoop's going on in our vehicle when we found the Hawaii, I only wish I had taken a picture of it!!!!

So it is back to reality and back to life! Briana is all moved out and moved into her apartment in Watertown. She starts work at her new job tomorrow morning and school will start for her on the 21st of August. She is doing well on her own so far but lonely! Her roommate (and BEST FRIEND) isn't moving up for a couple more weeks so Briana has been on her own for almost a week now! It is strange around this house without her presence! I have been messaging her or calling her at least daily! My family of 6 is no more and it seems weird! We will always be a family of 6 but now it is just a different sort of 6. Once empty chair at dinner time, one less "goodnight mom" and one less random hug! That realization has hit me full force today and I am extremely sad about it! I am totally happy for this new chapter in her life but totally and completely miss her like crazy! I never in a million years would think that this would be so hard, but some days....YES IT IS!

Perhaps with scans looming around the corner next week, that has increased my emotions some! I hate scan time and the time leading up to and then the waiting! My trust is in the ONE above, I am a child of the ONE TRUE KING!!! But.....I want to control it all still! It's a daily thing for me....laying it all down and picking up my cross to carry! The Lord leads, sustains and loves me. That will get me through anything! Happy Wednesday! May the Lord bless you today and always!

Cathi


Here is the youtube video to Matthew West's song Hello my name is! I LOVE THIS SONG!


No comments: