Thursday, May 29, 2008

And then there was 1

Another of Lightning's babies died today. They were both alive this morning when I got up, but sometime in the morning it died. So only 1 is hanging on, and I am not sure this one will make it. The children are sad, but I keep telling them that it is life and it will be okay we will bury it along with the other two as soon as it stops raining and dries up a bit. The two older girls were talking this morning already about names for them and I told them both they were not going to get names until we knew for sure that they will survive. I try to understand the laws of nature but I guess I don't. I would think that an animals motherly instinct would be just like that of a human mother. Lightning is of course young, either right at a year old or almost a year old we don't know for sure. Anyway....I will keep you posted, for now we are praying that this little one holds on and makes it. It is so cute. Dark colored just like it's mama. Have a wonderful Thursday! What could be better tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! What am I talking about, my days are starting to run into one another and I am lucky I even know what day of the week it is!

Cathi

No comments: