Wednesday, May 28, 2008

And then there were......

okay so I don't know how many there will be. Lightning gave birth today to a litter of 5 kittens. One for sure is dead and two more are questionable. I am not sure if the two that are for sure alive will make it as she is not even sure what to do with them. I am hoping that her motherly instinct will set in here shortly. In the mean time I have to make sure that my little ones don't disturb the kittens until at least a week when they have their eyes open. Talk about weird day. As I was mowing the north end of our property, Mikayla is running towards me with this frantic look on her face. Immediately I am thinking in my head that something has happened to the little kids until she gives me the words "Lightning had her babies", well I immediately shut down the mower and the 4 wheeler and make a made dash towards the house hoping no one has touched them yet thankfully they hadn't. We only saw the 3, check later and there was 4 and she is in a different spotting birthing another one. Well we moved them to where she was at (I know bad idea but still...) and that is where they are all at now. Time will tell. The kids were sad about the one that died. We buried it and said a little prayer for it. Now we will just have to wait and see about the other 4. I will keep you posted! In the meantime.....anyone want some kittens in a month or so??????

;-)

No comments: