Friday, May 16, 2008

And the year......

is FINALLY OVER WITH!!! YIPPEEEE!!!!! The kids were very excited! They are so ready for summer vacation to begin!

Tonight turned out to be not such a hot night! We decided to get some grub and hit Sam's Club to get Keara a big girl mattress for the bed frame that we got from our former daycare provider Jodi. While eating Keara complained that her tummy hurt so she didn't finish her food, instead dad and Mikayla finished it for her. We get to Sam's and she complains that her throat is hurting. We stop and do the whole you feel warm, your glands feel swollen, oh what do we do now, do we go to acute care or not. So we get her mattress and decided well we are already in town might as well head there and have her checked out! Low and behold, the girl has STREP THROAT!!!! I am not sure that is how she would have liked to start her summer vacation! So now she is on antibiotics and hopefully that will make her feel better quickly as we have a graduation party tomorrow for a friend of ours from church, and Sunday we will have Vickie and Jim over for the afternoon for work and grilling out! We have a packed weekend ahead of us!

Ball games start for the girls this Tuesday and then let it all begin! They are ready! The weather is starting to finally cooperate and start to feel more like spring instead of winter!

Oh and one more thing, I finished the Prince Caspian book today and I am sooooo ready to go and watch the movie! So my hubby and I have decided that sometime in the next couple of weeks we are going to go to the movie on a night that there is no ball and see it! I don't think I can wait for it to come out on video! So now I begin the next book, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader! I do remember bits and pieces of these books from when I was a child and my mom read them to my sister and I. I don't recall if she read them all to us or not! But I am planning on reading them all myself! Anyway.....enough rambling from me. It has been a long evening and I must go to bed and read for a bit and then close my eyes for a bit! Have a wonderful evening and a blessed weekend!

Cathi

No comments: