Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day....


To all the Mother's in my life! I am so lucky to have you all! I hope that each of you has a special day!

My mother sent me a BEAUTIFUL heartfelt note in the mail and that meant more to me than any card she could have sent!

Sometimes in my life it is the smallest things that matter most to me! Like my two oldest girls wanted to get me a gift so Friday night (I was home sick and I mean sick with a migraine) the kids and Jason were at a friend of ours from church doing some work and her boys (who are in high school) took those two older girls to Wal-Mart shopping for a gift for me. I thought that was so sweet of them. Then to top it off, yesterday Briana (the almost teenager) and I went shopping (for some reason she still likes me to take her shopping) for groceries and clothes (for her of course) and she decided that she wanted to either buy me an ice cream cake or make me a cake herself. I told her that it was up to her but it would probably be cheaper to make me a cake. So we picked it out together when we were at Hy-Vee, she paid for it with her own money, and when we got home and she had finished her weekend chores, she baked it and frosted it. To me, that beats all!

It brings tears to my eyes as I write this because God is so good and He gave us our children for a reason and like God they love us unconditionally even in our worse moments and that I am eternally greatful for!! So today mom's (and of course everyday), hug your children extra, tell them that you love them often and never forget the precious gift that God gave us when He made US mother's!!!

I love you all and am so grateful to God for each of you in my life and am so grateful that God is in my life. I look forward to many more years of posting on this blog for Mother's Day!

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY MOM'S!

Cathi

:0)

No comments: