Friday, June 6, 2008

Weather again......

Talk about a nasty night for storms, last night was it. There were tornados, thunderstorms and all of that around here. One tornado was very close to us. Of course woudn't it figure that when it storms, I am left home alone with 4 kids to protect on my own. Jason was in Brookings last night dropping stuff off and get setup for my rummage sale today! All 4 of the kids were huddled in the tub with pillows over their heads because the storm was right over us at that point and I didn't want to take any chances. Finally things settled down enough for them to get out of the tub and go to bed (it was about 9:15), but the two little ones I put to bed in our basement spare bedroom and moved them when I went upstairs to go to bed. It was not very cool. Mikayla was by far scared the most. You could tell by the look on her face. Pray I told her, pray! Prayers seemed to help calm me down and be strong for my kids. It was not a very good night. The tornado did take out power for awhile in Baltic and Dell Rapids, (BTW those two towns are within 7 miles of us) seem what I mean by close? I don't want to experience that again! I am off to get my kids up, they are going to be BEARCATS because they are so tired but we have to get up to Brookings and get set up for our rummage sale that runs today from noon to 8pm. I will try to post again this weekend! Have a great Friday and have a wonderful weekend!

Cathi

No comments: