Friday, July 25, 2008

She's back (PTL)!!

My baby came home from camp today! Let me tell you it has been one interesting week. I never realized all the things that Briana did for me during the day and how much of a help she is to me daily. I have realized also that I have taken my oldest for granted. Reflections and humbling to say the least. I will never take the things that she does for me for granted (okay I am going to try and not take her for granted). When I picked her up she gave all the highlights of the week and of course all the boys that she met while there. It was good to hear of the highlights and how much fun she had. She is already talking camp next year and all the girls claimed their bunks for next year before they left today. It is fun to listen to her. She is growing up so fast and it brings tears to my eyes. It has been an emotional week for me but like I told a friend in an email it has been a week from HELL!!!! And I think thats where alot of my emotions have come from also. But also in those emotional moments God has shown me that He is right there helping me to see Him in those dark times. His grace and love are sufficient for me and I need to rest in that daily. I am reading the book of Exodus (at the urging of another blog that I read daily) and I am learning much from the life of Moses. I want to have the kind of faith that he had. I love my Lord with all my heart and want to lead the kind of life that He expects from me but some days that is hard and the enemy has a way of playing with my mind and letting doubts in. I need to learn to not listen to those doubts and insecurities. I need to rest and be comforted by my Redeemer. Mikayla is having a birthday party tonight and then I am having coffee with some gals from church tomorrow and Sunday is a busy day for us so I will probably not post again until next week. Have a WONDERFUL weekend and keep Christ close daily! I love you all!

Cathi

No comments: