Saturday, August 9, 2008

Butcher Time!

Tomorrow will be butcher day at our house. We are going to "kill" about 5 of our "heavys" to see if they are ready for butchering. I am trying to wrap my brain around it but some moments it is hard. I know that God put them on this earth for us to eat but the thought of killing something to eat it kind of appalles (sp?) me!!! I am hoping to get some pictures of it but that remains to be seen. The children I don't think really understand what is going on or why we have to kill them. I have been warning them not to get attached as they ARE NOT pets!!! It should be any interesting afternoon. The in-laws are coming to help so that will be nice. I will post and let you know how it went either tomorrow night or Monday sometime. Please also be in prayer for me over the next several months as I start to explore home schooling. God has been laying this very heavily on my heart as of lately and at the nudging of a group of ladies from my Sunday School class I am going to research and talk with people who do home school and see what it will entail for me and if it is indeed a good choice for my children and me. I ultimately leave the final decision up to My Lord. If this is what He is calling me to do then I must be obedient. Pray that I will make an informed decision and that God will be in the midst of it all. In all things that I do, it is Him alone that I will answer to in the end and I want to make sure that I do everything that pleases Him and only Him. I know that He will lead me in the right path that He wants me to pursue. I have been dealing with this for 3 years. So after strong "conversations" with Him, I knew that I needed to do more than just keep pushing it away. God is trying to get my attention. So I am going to be obedient. Pray for me!!!!

Cathi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your butchering went well. :) I helped a friend who's husband is out of country butcher last week. Us ladies did in 12 of the plump birds! Not too bad if I say so myself. My little 7and 11yo sons helped us. I have to start on my flock of meat birds next week as well. I can't wait for some good chicken, we're out in our freezer!