Monday, August 11, 2008

Butchering!

Well we did in all 17 of our chickens yesterday! Let me tell you what an experience that was for me and the kids. You all know me, city girl thru and thru. But I was in there with the best of them and I did the grossest job of all and that was gutting them. Oh the smell, NASTY!!! BUT.....I am ready to do it again next year only have more this time. The in-laws took some chicken and Jason's sister took some chicken also. I have included some pictures from our experience. I am so proud of my son. He was in there trying to catch the chickens to butcher and was just having a blast. Some of the things that he did was so funny. I just had to laugh. The only one of my children that didn't partake in the experience was Briana. I think she got herself attached to those chickens and just couldn't bear to see them killed. I am hoping that next year will be different and she will be out there helping, the more hands the better. Thankfully the weather was beautiful, overcast with a nice breeze and no humidity!!!! So anyway....I picked my favorite pics to share and left all the other ones out.....enjoy!

Cathi


His chicken to butcher! What a hoot!

Me and my MIL cleaning the birds!

He wasn't scared of them alive or dead! Can you tell?

The look on his face is priceless!!! He looks scared but he wasn't!!!

WHACK!

No comments: