Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First day of school!

Today is our first day of school. The children are off on the bus and Keara and I are hanging out until it is time for us to leave. This is weird, the house is very quiet without Colby here. I got teary eyed when I sent him on the bus. My baby is growing up so fast (and really he isn't my baby, Keara is can you imagine what next year is going to be like for me?). He wanted to ride the bus on his first day so I am going to meet him at the school and take him to his classroom. He seemed excited, I think! We got up early and had breakfast as a family, committed the day to the Lord and then sent daddy on his way to work. It was a great start to the day. Here are some pics of the morning! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Cathi

The breakfast table at 6:15am


The 7th grader


The 3rd grader


The Kindergartner


Getting on the bus!


This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bottelberghe Family,
My...how the time flies. Doesn't seem possible that there should be one of your children starting Jr. Hi and another already in Kindergarten. Thanks for sharing pictures...must have been an EARLY morning...and everyone looks awake and happy! I enjoy keeping up with things through your blog. Love to all.
Julie

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of all at the table eating breakfast before off for the day. Oh my gosh--tears in my eyes--Colby looks just like Jordan sittting there when he was that age. It is unreal. Give them plenty of hugs and kisses as the grow so fast but you also have to give them room to spred their wings and learn....OH the good old school days. Do I miss them? NO. I do miss watching them in their sports though. Love Deb

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great pictures, my how they are growing up and what beauty from all. Hard to believe that Colby is off to school, I can still remember the call from you after he was born and hearing his LOUD voice, just seems like yesterday I received that call and now he's going to school. Where has the time gone? I'm glad you and your children are getting older and I seem to stay at a standstill...... :-)
My love to all in your household.
Mom