Saturday, August 16, 2008

My experiment

I am trying to get my family into a more preservative free feeding environment but the one thing I can't seem to do right is bread. So this afternoon I found another recipe and tried again. Here is how it looked when it came out of the oven. It looked a little dry (even my teenager agreed with me) so I put some butter on top. I am not sure how it will taste that will be for later. Pizza (yes from a pizza joint in Sioux Falls, not very healthy and full of the junk I am trying to get away from)is what is for dinner, my oven was over taken with the bread, so Briana didn't get to make dad his favorite Tator Tot hot dish, that will be for tomorrow night, lunch after church will be pork chops on the grill. Anyway.....taste testing will be tonight or tomorrow for breakfast....stay tuned!

Cathi

PS does anyone have a good cake recipe (from scratch of course, had to buy the box mix yesterday for Jason's birthday and it had partially hydrogenated oils), if so please email me the recipe. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We grind the wheat for our bread and bake 10 loaves of bread a week, plus 4 pizza doughs, and at least 2 pans of cinnamon rolls. But, I live at over 7000 ft.! I bought a Bosch machine and a whisper mill, expensive, but we figured after 9 months we paid for the thing and then each loaf of bread cost about $1.25! email if you want more info.