Saturday, August 16, 2008

Thoughts!

As I sit at my computer this afternoon and the children are outside and my husband is at a side job, I have a moment of peace and quiet that I don't get frequently, it gives me a chance to reflect on my life and the many blessings that I have in it.

I am thankful for:

My husband - even if he irks me to no end some days, I don't know what my life would be like without him in it and he endures much from me on a daily basis (poor man)

My kids - they are my constant in my life. Even when I am having the most horrible of days they are there to see me through and to love me even when I am unlovable at that particular moment.

My family - they have endured many things from me over the years but through it all they have stayed with me (with the exception of my sister whom I haven't talked to in almost 3 years, I pray for healing someday in that relationship)

My friends - without the wonderful friends that I have made at church over the last 2 1/2 years of attending there, I would be a wreck (worse than I am some days).

But what I am most grateful for is my salvation that was only grated to me by my Savior Jesus Christ, because it is truly because of Him that I live and breath. We are all sinners and we all try to live inside this bubble that we are perfect, we are not, we can try and shield our kids from this world but there comes a point in which we must let them go, give them wings and let them fly. I am finding that more and more to be true. I need to produce some great moral biblical values in my children that will carry with them into adulthood and let God take care of the rest. Only He can fulfill their purpose in life and only He can reveal that to them. I am only their mother here on earth and only I can point them in the right direction and only I can teach the foundations of that relationship with Christ that we are all suppose to have with Him in our daily lives from there I submit the rest to my heavenly Father and let Him take care of it.

So for all that read my blog, thank you for journeying into my daily life, thank you for being my friend/family/stranger, but most of all I thank God that He brought you into my life for a purpose, I can't wait to find out what that purpose was on the other side. Love me for who I am not what I can't be. I am who I am because of circumstances brought into my life whether good or bad!

Have a wonderful and blessed weekend! Summer has winded down for us and school begins next Wednesday. I go back to work on Tuesday, part of me is ready but the other part of me is not! God has something big in store for this family this coming school year and I can't wait to see what it is!

My love to all,

Cathi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cathi - it is so hard to believe that the summer is over already. I am sorry we never got the chance to get together....I have kept up on all of your blogsand I thouroughly enjoy reading on what is going on in all of your lives. I know with school starting the rat rece starts all over. Thanks for keeping in touch with your blogs and I hope to talk to you sometime soon.
Marilou