Thursday, August 21, 2008

Our first day!

Oh my what a first day of school we had! I met Colby at school (of course I was there for work way before the bus so I just wandered the hallway for awhile) and him and I went hand in hand into his classroom. Now mind you I am already having a hard time with this and the first thing his teacher does is hand me a book and a package of kleenexs, well that was the straw that sent me over the edge! I blew it and started to cry right there in front of him and his teacher (thankfully his teacher knows me and is so wonderful and supportive) so I had to get myself together and get him settled and then send him out to the playground. I am so glad that I am in the school all day long working and could poke my head and see how it was going, I only did that once yesterday and it was when they were outside and she said he was doing GREAT!!! Today was better but still weird to believe that he is in kindergarten, that just doesn't seem possible seems like just yesterday he was this:

oh I am getting all teary-eyed just thinking about it! They grow up way to fast! I mean really look at him, he is so grown up! Anyway....that was our week in a nutshell(and tomorrow is Friday so their week isn't done yet but mine is, I love preschool only 4 days a week to work, I am sad, NOT)!!!!
Have a good night!

Cathi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this blog with us. You are right--how fast they grow. You blink a few times and they are getting married. Well I guess you have a few years yet. I am thinking of Jenny I guess as she is engaged and has set a wedding date of June 6, 2009. SO keeep it open. Love Deb