Saturday, September 20, 2008

100th Post!

I can hardly believe it! I am writing my 100th post! I have really enjoyed blogging and especially love blogger! I don't really know how many people (family and friends and strangers) that take the time to read what I have to say but it has been fun doing it anyway....
It is nice to blog as a journal for all to see. When I was in high school I journaled daily. As I have gotten older I have stopped journaling. Instead I keep a prayer journal. Kind of the same thing except I write my thoughts to God and what I am going thru even though He already knows what I am going thru even before I know. So in honor of my 100th post, I am going to post 100 things about myself. Some you may already know, some you may not! And I am really going to try and make it to 100 things! That should prove to be very interesting!

1. I am a 3 1/2 year breast cancer survivor! (To me, that is #1 because, cancer defines me today for the person that I have become)

2. I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I entrusted my life to Him on February 13, 2006

3. Jason and I will be celebrating 10 years of marriage on October 3rd. We're going to Branson, Missouri.

4. I have 4 kids Briana-13, Mikayla-8, Colby-5 and Keara-4

5. I live on a 5 acre plot of land in rural Garretson and love every minute of it!

6. I have 2 brothers and 1 sister

7. I work as a preschool paraprofessional at the Garretson School and love every thing about working with kids!!!

8. I love to read (when I have time)

9. I love to play the piano, it is so relaxing to sit down and just bang out a piece, it helps (some days) to recharge me!!

10. I have a husband who loves me unconditionally (flaws and all) and provides for our family all of our needs!

11. I attend a Baptist church after being raised Catholic my whole life, I wouldn't change that either, God has placed me here for a reason and I have a great support group of friends.

12. I used to work at Wal-Mart until I was diagnosed with cancer, I wouldn't go back to that job for all the tea in China!

13. I have a bachelor's degree in Accounting and I am not even working in accounting any longer.

14. I can't wait for the day when I become a grandparent (and it better be at least 10 more years and my kids are all married before that happens)!

15. I have brown hair and green/hazel colored eyes

16. Jason and my's dream when we were dating in high school was to one day have 10 kids live on a ranch and have horses.

17. As you can tell we don't have 10 kids or horses (yet)! We are done having kids, that will take an act of God to happen and yes He has been know to perform miracles, anyone recall Sarah in the bible?

18. I have 5 cavities (yes just what everyone wanted to know but this was Briana's idea) :-)

19. I love listening to Christian music, anything that glorifies God is worth my time!

20. The last film that I saw at the movie theater was Prince Caspian!

21. My favorite TV shows are all CSI:'s and of course Biggest Loser (if only I could lose my extra weight like them) ;0)

22. My middle name is Anne

23. My maiden name was Enright

24. I drive a Ford Windstar Mini-Van and a Jeep Cherokee (of course not at the same time, haha)

25. I hope to someday travel to the Holy Land, but for now I would love to go and see Vancouver, Canada in the fall or Alaska!

26. I will turn 34 on October 29!

27. I nannied for a year in the Cities after I graduated from high school.

28. I wanted to study music when I got done nannying and become either a music teacher or a piano teacher (as you can see that never happened)

29. I hope to someday own my own business, what kind of business I don't know, probably something with crafts or even something with tax season!

30. I love to play on my computer (sometimes that takes over my time too much)

31. I love Fall, it is my favorite time of year and I am not really sure why. As a kid it was because of my birthday and of course Halloween, but now I just love the change in the weather and all that goes with it!

32. My oldest daughter and I have become closer in the last several months and for most of you who know how that relationship has been in the past this was totally a God thing working in both of our lives!

33. My favorite color is black (and no it is not morbid, it has a uniqueness to it), if I had to choose a different color it would have to be teal! Those were the colors in my wedding!

34. We are leaving for the Hills on Friday 9-26, time for a relaxing weekend away for our family!

35. It is homecoming this week in Garretson! I will have to take pictures of my kids, they are excited! I remember homecoming week when I was in high school, that was the highlight of the year!

36. I love to make homemade potato bread! My friends have complimented on how great it is! And the best thing of all, my family LOVES IT!!!!!

37. I have a facebook profile!

38. I have 64 websites in my favorites and of those websites 9 are blogs!

39. Before cancer, I used to drink excessively! I lived for beer no matter what day of the week. Many hangover days!

40. I used to have the mouth of a sailor! I could use the crudest of cuss words and not bat an eye! AHHH..the power of Christ at work in my life!

41. I have thought about homeschooling my kids (still thinking about it and waiting on God to lead me to what He wants for my life and my kids' lives)

42. Used to love camping when it was just Jason, Briana and myself. Now with 3 more kids just seems like alot of work, plus I really hate sleeping in a tent, I am getting to old to be sleeping on the ground. The cabin last weekend camping was GREAT!!!

43. My screensaver on my computer is the pictures of my family and misc. on my computer!

44. I have had 15 jobs since I was 15 years old.

45. The first job I ever had was as a telemarketing agent in Brookings I was 15 years old!

46. I was sent away when was I was 15 years old for behavior reasons. My parents thought I was on the verge of suicide! Great interference, I don't know if I would still be here today if it hadn't been for my parents caring enough about me to do what was best for me!

47. I used to smoke. Started at a football game my freshman year of high school. 14 years old. I quit 7 years ago!

48. I never used drugs in my life and I don't ever plan on doing them!

49. We don't have cable at our house and probably never will. We get 5 channels with our nice little converter box and they come in very clear, we are impressed!

50. I stenciled my son's room. It took me forever to do it! But when it was all done it was awesome! It is an ocean scene. Sea animals under the water! I am sure in a few years I will have to redo it to something more age appropriate!

Whoo-Hoo I am half way there!!!!

51. I also stenciled Mikayla's room but not to the extent of Colby's but still took some time and effort, and her's probably won't need to be redone in a few years! More age appropriate for her!

52. I have hardwood floors throughout the main level of my house, I love wood floors!

53. I hate to vaccuum!

54. I hate to do laundry!

55. I hate to clean bathrooms!

56. I may hate to do all those things listed above but I still do them because they have to be done by someone might as well be me!

57. I feel horrible when I hurt someone's feelings!

58. I hate to cause discord (I never used to be like that, I actually loved causing upheveal especially in my family)

59. I don't make friends easily! I must have the appearance of me or I must come off a certain way. I have been going to the same church for 2 1/2 years now and have finally have myself a great group of friends that I can confide in, cry with and most of all laugh with.

60. My favorite movie is The Notebook

61. My 2nd favorite movie is The Left Behind Series (they only made 3 movies but still they were good)

62. I have never read my bible from front to back.

63. I have read only a couple of books from start to finish in the bible, one of which was the book of Ruth (pretty short book) :-)

64. Back to #62, I hope to one day (hopefully before I die) to read my bible cover to cover!

65. I love food!

66. My favorite food is pizza

67. My favorite dessert is ice cream, chocolate ice cream at that!

68. I love diet coke, but have to drink a straight coke every once in awhile to stop my migraines!

69. I knew from the moment I met Jason that he was special and that he was going to be an important part of my life. I knew one day I would marry him.

70. I spent the summer after I graduated from high school in Murdo, South Dakota, working and PARTYING up a storm with my friends. That is one summer I will never forget!

71. For dinner tonight (Saturday 9/20) I made sloppy joes and we had them on homemade potato buns! They were FABULOUS!!!!!

72. My favorite flower is a tulip

73. I strained my arm in vo-tech and had to spend a couple of weeks in an arm cast. I won't go into the details of why or how I strained my arm just know that it was during one of my drunken stupors!

74. My mother is a breast cancer survivor, 20+ years, GO MOM!!!!

75. My grandmother (my mom's mom) died of breast cancer at the age of 49, I was only 5 years old.

76. My cousin died 2 years ago from breast cancer at the age of 34, she battled it for 10 years.

77. I am blessed beyond measure and sometimes I forget how blessed I really am!

78. I can be selfish sometimes.

79. I love baby animals, puppies, kittens, kids (baby goats that is), etc. I don't love them so much when they are grown up, they aren't so cute anymore.

80. I have the best job a mother could ask for!

81. I used to love NASCAR, I will watch it but am really not much of a fan anymore!

82. I love HOCKEY! GO AVS!!!

83. I used to go to the Minnesota North Stars games as a kid with my family. Was very sad when they moved the team down to Dallas, found a new team in 2001!

84. Lived in Colorado for 3 months with my parents back in 2001, couldn't make it work so we moved back to Sioux Falls. God had bigger plans for us!

85. Keara was a BIG SURPRISE! But I wouldn't trade her for the world!

86. My sign is Scorpio

87. I was born in Cherokee, Iowa to a Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Enright

88. I moved to Brookings, South Dakota when I was almost 5

89. I graduated from high school in 1993

90. I once tried selling Herbalife products, that didn't work out so well except to create a whole lot of debt for my family!

91. We sold our house in Sioux Falls on our own with no realtor! The most amazing couple bought it!

92. Jason built us the home that we are in now! Thanks hun, you have a gift, never stop using it!

93. I almost died when I was a couple of weeks old because my lung collapsed and no one knew what was wrong with me. God's hand was in that, He had bigger plans for me!

94. I was baptized again by immersion (completely underwater) in July of 2006. I did it as a symbol of my bond with Christ in what He did for all of us on the cross at Calvary!

95. My husband was baptized the same day as me!

96. I started band in 5th grade and played until 7th grade and quit because I couldn't handle the band teacher (mean grumpy old man), I played the flute, wish now that I had tuffed it out so that I could have been in marching band in high school!

97. The first car that I bought with my own money was a Chevy Chevette, it cost me $475, I was a senior in high school!

98. Jason and I started dating May 3, 1992

99. I went to my junior prom but not my senior prom.

100. And last but not least, my room is brown (this is what Briana told me to write)

I want you all to know that this took me all day to write! It is now 8pm and I am finally ready to publish this post! I do hope that you all made it to the end of this list! I hope that you all learned something about me that you didn't know before! Please feel free to leave me a comment! Thanks for coming alongside me with my blogging, if anything else I get some enjoyment out of writing these posts and see what God will do with them! Have a blessed night, I am off to say prayers with my little ones and get them off to dreamland to get set for our busy day tomorrow! Church and double header games for Fall Softball in the afternoon. Have a wonderful evening.

Cathi

3 comments:

Laura Rupp said...

I made it through all 100. Way to go. I really know you now! Jeff said that you spent a whole day doing it with the nice weather.... Ha! What God can do through us is amazing. You are living proof of a changed life. Darkness to Light!!!

Anonymous said...

Ha! So many of your top 100 are mine as well!! I remember you being sick, we prayed for you when you were that tiny little baby and my dad was afraid you wouldn't make it, we prayed every night during our family rosary. I remember your mom being so sick with cancer and you girls spent some time with us in MN, remember that? I was wild in S. Dak. too. I would never go back to THAT lifestyle of drinking/smoking, do you think there is some family genetic thing going on?? :) I too, have been blessed beyond my deserving with a wonderful, hard-working husband.
You'd be a great homeschooler BTW, the family always needs someone to talk about...hehehehehe. anyway, loved the blog.

Anonymous said...

As I have told you before, Cathi, I very much enjoy keeping up with what is going on in you & your family's lives through your blog...the next best thing would be able to get together once in a while. Thanks for the blog...read it all the way through. Also, wishing you & Jason a happy 10th anniversary in a few weeks. Enjoy
the trips you have planned. Give my love to all.
Love,
Julie