Monday, December 22, 2008

It is a late start to school this morning due to the windchill. It is cold (below zero and then factor in the wind and you have very cold temps) outside but it is warm inside this house. So the children are still sleeping which is okay they could use some extra sleep before the day begins for them. I find it hard to believe that this week is Christmas, seriously where in the world does the time go? I haven't been blogging much because things have been busy around here and am hoping that things will slow down this week some. Tomorrow is the last day of school for the year. We are looking forward to a break from school. Things are slowly falling into place in our house with Colby and his food allergies. Jason and I spend the whole weekend in the kitchen baking bread and cookies. Things that we know Colby can eat. Poor kid, he is getting better about things he can and can't have. What a bad time of year to get this diagnosis. Last night an hour after he went to bed, he had a night terror, it has been a few days since he had one, and this one broke my heart! You could hear the sheer terror in his cries. It lasted about 10 minutes at the most and then he seemed to snap out of it and was very disoriented, like why are mom and dad both in my room. I picked him up and carried him out to the living room and we sat in the chair with the Christmas lights on, peace and quiet. I went back to almost 6 years ago when that piece of heaven was born and there were many sleepless nights for me as he was a very fussy boy. But sitting there with him last night I remember them as if it was yesterday! Rocking in the chair as he laid on my chest after a feeding, last night his head rested on my shoulder and his body was much longer and filled the chair with me but still it felt like old times when he was a baby! His breathing was peaceful and he was content! I didn't want to put him back in his bed but knew that I needed to. Tucked him in, kissed him and told him I loved him and didn't hear another peep out of him for the rest of the night. AHHHH.....the good ole days! I will try to post more this week but don't know if I will get to it before Christmas! Have a wonderful Christmas and remember that Jesus is the reason for the season! Without Him we don't have any reason to celebrate!

Cathi

No comments: