Monday, December 29, 2008

Turning the corner.....

After going to acute care after church service yesterday morning and finding out that I didn't have strep throat even though it felt like I did (raw throat, pounding out of my head eardrums) I have stuck to what I was told to continue to do, lots of liquids, rest and tylenol! So I stopped at the pharmacy while I waited for Jason to come and pick me up (he was at walmart with the kids getting things we needed), I got myself some Sudafed. I am starting to feel a little bit better, although if you heard me talk you would think not, as I hardly have a voice! My throat is still hurting and my ears are still bothering me and I am having the hardest time sleeping at night! I was up from 1:15am to 2:30 there abouts Sunday night wandering the house before I finally took some ibuprofen and curled up on the couch and fell sound asleep until Jason got up for work at 5:30am, I got up off the couch and crawled back into bed and slept until 8:30am. Thankfully the kids slept that long as well! We will see how my night tonight goes! I am dreading it! But I am going to take some cough medicine with codiene and see if that doesn't help me just a bit! What a way to spend my vacation from work, SICK!!!! Hopefully I will be feeling better by New Year's Eve and we can have an enjoyable night together as a family, playing games and probably having a few challenges on the Wii also! We don't go out and do the "scene" anymore, haven't in quite a few years, we are just getting way to old for that stuff! :0) Besides we are parents and have to set a good example! If we don't want our kids doing it than we really shouldn't do it either! So hopefully I will be feeling much better tomorrow but I can see it being Sunday (the day before I have to venture back to work) before I will feel 100%!!! :0( Colby has an eye appointment tomorrow, so hopefully this will tell us something also! He is still experiencing headaches and we have really been watching his diet and reading food labels faithfully! I don't know what else to do for him except have his head scanned with a very expensive machine. We will see what tomorrow brings, hopefully some good news! Anyway....have a wonderful Monday night, I will keep you posted!

Cathi

No comments: