Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to reality!

Well today officially ushered in our "reality check". We all went back to work and school today! It was a transition to try and get up to an alarm clock and to get the kids up and moving before the sun was awake this morning. I am discouraged at the changes that are taking place again at my job and it makes me glad that I will not have this hassle next fall. The children adjusted well to being back in school and weren't so "bad" tonight. I know that they wish that they were homeschooling already but soon. Colby said to me today when I asked if he was happy to be back at school "no, school is boring". I said "oh, do you think that school at home won't be boring?" he said "no". Ask him that next fall and I bet his response is different. I want the children to enjoy learning and to make it more about living knowledge than "head" knowledge. They will get life experiences from homeschooling without the added peer pressure and Lord knows that there is lots of that these days. So it is my goal to learn this piece of scripture and hold deep within my heart and pull it out in times of need and even in times of no need. This scripture was preached in the pulpit at church on Sunday and it so rings turn in this present time and all that is going on in this great country! I hope that you are all continuing to pray for our soon to be new president daily. We sure are. We have hope for a brighter future even if it is this particular man that is taking office. We hope that God will bring great strength and comfort to this ailing nation and that He can take back what is rightfully HIS!!!! Anyway....here is that scripture. I encourage you to memorize it!

Psalm 50:15
Call upon me in the day of trouble. I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me
.

Good night dear loved ones!

1 comment:

the williams said...

Great pictures! Hate to tell you this "dork" but the dates are on some of the pictures. Process of elim would tell us who they are! :)