Friday, February 27, 2009

Prayers

I am sitting here at my table listening to my favorite radio station. The topic is Heaven. Needless to say, I felt that I needed to post this request today. I have a very dear friend who is struggling with some health issues. I am asking for prayers for her over the next several weeks. She will be leaving for Mayo next week and will be there for a couple of weeks. She has one child still at home and another that is in his first year of college. I ask that you will pray for peace, comfort and guidance for her and her children right now as they seek to find out what is going on and a course of treatment. I also ask that you pray for strength for her right now also. She is struggling with much, and I know what she is feeling, I have been there. It breaks my heart and I cried all the way home from church Wednesday night. This women has been there for our family, has taken our children so Jason and I could have a night out, has been an ear for me to talk to and ask advice with my own kids (especially Briana). So as you can tell this women means a great deal to me. So I ask that you will all pray for her, you can call her T. Please be as specific as you feel to be in your prayers. The Lord already knows our needs and has a plan for her. I pray that He will heal her and that this will bring Him glory. I ask that you come along side me and pray for her as well! I know the power of prayer, it has brought me out of the deepest pits of hell. I also ask that you ask the Lord to give wisdom to the doctors not only here in Sioux Falls but also at the Mayo Clinic. She has had some very extensive testing done the last couple of days and another round of tests today. Please just pray in anyway that you feel the Spirit is leading you. Thank you!

Cathi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cathi, I will keep T. in my prayers. Our cousin Nan (Chris's half-sister) is in the final stage of ovarian cancer, please keep her in prayer, she most likely has a few months, although our time is not God's time for sure. Her husband Randy died of a brain tumor a couple years ago, I don't know if anyone told you that. These things are so hard for me to understand. Life, death, meaning. big stuff.