Sunday, October 18, 2009

RIP Prince: July 10, 2009-October 18, 2009

Only a couple of weeks old in this picture


Mikayla holding Prince


She was in love with her Prince (as you can tell from the picture)


He was a favorite with the girls that is for sure


Prince's permanent resting place


Briana found her beloved kitten Prince dead this afternoon, we think he had been dead for at least a day because of the stiffness of his body. We are not sure how he died, but he is gone nonetheless and we are devastated in this family. He was such an awesome kitten. A big ball of fur who made his way into my heart. Was always on our back deck and ready to make a beeline into the dining room for some warmth. I will cherish those memories as I know the children will also. He is buried behind the playhouse with a huge cross erected for the children to go and "visit". Mikayla and Briana cried during the burial and afterwards I went inside to wash my hands, I looked out the window above my kitchen sink and saw my precious Mikayla on her knees in prayer and tears. That was the breaking point for me, to see my child on her knees praying and crying over the cat, I started to cry. Many tears shed today, but we know that this is a part of life. The cycle of life, my children learned first hand today. What a hard day it has been for all of us today. Tomorrow will begin a new day!!!

No comments: