Monday, October 19, 2009

Heavy on my mind.....

It has been a long road the last week. Monday October 12th I went in for a bone scan to determine why I was having pain in my breastbone area. I have had the pain for some time now but it has been progressively getting worse. A call to the oncologist office warrented a bone scan. I saw him Monday afternoon, at that time my scans where not in yet, but my CA 27-29 tumor marker was elevated which raises a red flag. Wednesday morning, I got the results via phone.....there is a spot on my sternum. I saw the oncologist this afternoon to talk about the scan, next course of action and what might be going on. In short, he thinks that my cancer has returned, I am not going down that road until I get the final results. My tumor markers are elevated, there is a visable spot on my sternum and I am experiencing pain. I have a PET/CT scan scheduled for Wednesday afternoon @ 2pm. I will see the oncologist on Friday morning to get the results. Depending on what this scan shows, will determine the next course of action. If this scan shows a "hot spot" as they call it, they will have to do a CAT scan of just my chest area, there will also have to be a biospy done as well. While this is not really what I want to be dealing with at this time, a recurrence, I am praying and leaning on God during this time to see me through and that no matter the outcome, I will be okay and He will be a constant. I ask for prayers over the next several days, prayers for peace, prayers for clear test results, prayers that the pain I have is something other than my cancer rearing it's ugly head. I ask that we storm the gates of Heaven and that God will perform a miracle and there will be nothing on the PET scan. I have felt the best today that I have felt in a few weeks. I am nervous and partly scared of what might happen and what the outcome might be at the end of this week, but I do know that I am NOT alone, my Savior is by side, He is leading me, He is comforting me and He is guiding me during this long hard road. No matter the outcome of this, I will go to where He leads me, in faith, without holding back. I know that there is a bigger plan in store for me. What that is, I have no idea. So many things have fallen into place with our family over the last several months, that I just can't see this being cancer. Yes, I have had the pain for sometime and yes everything right now is elevated but I just won't believe it until I know that it truly has come back. Please be in prayer for me, my husband and for our children as we get to the bottom of what is going on. Thank you for always being there for me, I truly love you all!!!!

Cathi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl, You are in our prayers and we will be thinking of you!! Keep your head held high and we are here for you and your family 100%.....Let me know what you find out!!! You will be in our thoughts and prayers every day and night....I am always here to talk to...my number hasnt changed!!!

Love ya girl...

Jeremy

Mom also says she is thinking of you and will pray for you and is here for someone to talk to as well!!!

Hillari Foster said...

Wow, Cathy. I'm so, so sorry that this is on your plate. I'm not very good with words, but I want you to know I'll be thinking of you and praying for you and wishing healing energy your way.

Unknown said...

Cathi...my thoughts and prayers are with you. Blessings you all of your family. Your faith is the Lord will see you through...God Bless!

Flip-flop Mama said...

I'm sorry Cathi. Will be saying lots of prayers for you and your family.