Monday, October 26, 2009

While I'm waiting....

This has always been one of my favorite songs since Fireproof the movie came out last year, but now it has more meaning to me as I go through this dark unknown time. No matter the circumstances of today, I am still to worship, serve and praise God. Each day for me gets better. I had an awesome weekend. Dear friends came over Saturday afternoon to hang out and work on the kids' AWANA Grand Prix cars. It was nice to be "normal" for awhile. It sure did take my mind off of things for the time being. Saturday night, my new dear friend Anita called me to talk as I have been on her mind a lot this past week and she has been praying for us. She invited us over to their place after church on Sunday. It was so nice to go and hang out with friends again and just not think about it. I am able to talk more and more about what is going on in my life without being overcome with tears. Friday was just an overall hard day. So many people have come alongside us. They have offered help, prayers, meals, rides, etc. It is amazing to watch the Body of Christ surround us during this time. We are still waiting on word from the oncologist's office about what the next step is. I am not sure when that will be, but for now, I am enjoying my family, homeschooling and living life to the fullest. Please keep praying. God is here in the midst, we are all coming to terms with this and we are completely at peace. We have a great God, who can and will heal me! He is the Great Physician and He is in control and He is in the business of miracles. Now that would be cool if He gave us a mircle, but if not, I am ready to fight, and fight with all I have in me! I have a husband to bug for many years yet and children to raise! I AM NOT going anywhere......YET!!!! :) Enjoy the video. I hope the song touches you as it has touched me, and even more so now in the midst of what we are going through. Our sermon at church yesterday was about "caring for each other" Galations 6:1-7. I think God was talking to me yesterday as our pastor was preaching. WOW!!! The hand of God is with me, every day! I am not letting go!!!!

No comments: