Saturday, May 24, 2008

"The Boot"


After having the boot on for almost a week, it is no longer "cool" but a pain in the behind. She is tired of wearing it and just wants to be "normal" again. Here is a picture of her with it on. She is reading (her favorite pastime) in her closet. She rearranged it again so that it would be more user friendly for her, I only wish I had this kind of set up when I was her age. No wonder she likes to hang out in her room. She has been rooting her team on from the dugout but is not very excited about it. She is hoping that the boot will come off at her appointment with Dr. Bell on June 16th. We will see. She does have two games the first week in July and then tournaments. She is hoping that she will be ready to play those last 2 games and then play for the tournaments. Time will tell though. For now she keeps putting it on and wearing it even though she doesn't want to!

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Cathi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Briana, what a pain it is to have to wear that boot but IF it helps the foot to heal then you CAN DO IT! Stay strong and make the most of it, pretty soon it'll all be behind you. I love you to the moon and back...... :-)
Have you started Treasures in the Snow,yet? Are you waiting for me?
Cathi, thanks for the information, keep blogging I thoroughly enjoy reading what you write. I love you to the moon and back,also.
My love to the rest of the "gang"
Love, Grandma/Mom

Anonymous said...

Briana,
Hang in there. I am sure it is difficult having to miss out on something you really like to do, but you want to make sure that things are all healed properly so you are able to continuing playing softball and do other activities for many more years to come. Hi to all and thanks for all the updates Cathi. I truly look forward to checking your site every few days. Take care all.
Love, Julie