Sunday, May 25, 2008

Faith, Family and Friends

The 3 F's in life! I am in awe of all that God had put before me in my life! I have come through many dark times in my life, many of which I didn't have Christ in my life, although He was walking beside me through all those dark times (and I didn't even know it). I see struggle and anger in my life currently and it saddens me. Not only with myself but with those closest to me. It pains me to see this. I can certainly let the world live in me and as a follower of Christ that is not how I am suppose to live! Bitterness can take root, and that bitterness can lead to anger. Where does it come from? The evil one, Satan. He doesn't want to see me happy or living each and every day for my creator and sustainer. He thrives when I am unhappy and bitter. I can see that anger and bitterness in my children and it scares me as I don't want to see them like me. My prayer is to live out loud! Live each day as if it is the last, live as if there will be no more. Live and love each moment with my family and friends, but also to live and love my Lord with all my heart, with all my soul with all my mind and with all my strength (my all time favorite song but Lincoln Brewster, which by the way is in my song log on the side of my blog :-)) My life has never been the same since the day that I surrendered it all to Him. The day when I was born again! My second birthday, the day that my new life started, February 13, 2006. Do I struggle? Each and everyday, has God abandon me on those awful filled days? NOT A CHANCE!!!! I have been washed by the blood of the Lamb, His grace is sufficient for me. His holy presence fills me and loves me wholly for who I am, good and bad, and it is through those struggles that I am to rely on Him wholly and He will see me through.

The reason for this post?

I have been struggling with things and I just needed to vent tonight! It is also the day before Memorial Day and for some reason this year it has humbled me completely. Those men and women fought for my freedom so that I could go to church, I can get down on my knees at night with my children and pray and I can say the name of Jesus Christ out in public without the fear of condemnation or death. These soldiers fought for each one of us to have that very freedom today! For that I thank them. Without them we wouldn't have those luxuries now. So as you get up tomorrow lift a prayer of thanksgiving for those soldiers past and present for the gift that they have given you, FREEDOM!!! Also say thanks to God for those men and women.

As you ponder the day remember this:

We are but a vapor, here today gone tomorrow, live each moment for today, tell your loved ones how much you love them and hold tight to your little ones. You never know when your vapor will vanish.

Peace and love to each of you!

Cathi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN..................AMEN.