Friday, January 16, 2009

My week in a nutshell.....

Oh my gosh what a week it has been, I am so looking forward to coffee tonight with my friends from church it will be a GREAT way to end such a weird long week!! So as most of you know it has been the week of living in the tundra around here. We started the week with a snowstorm that blew in late morning on Monday, because of that we had an early dismissal from school @ 12:45 on Monday. I didn't get home from school until almost 2:30 because I was part of the "A team" which means that 24 of us (way too many) had to stay at school until the bus' returned from taking kids home just in case there were any kids left on the bus, okay so is was Keara and I traveling in this nasty weather in the afternoon and at times I couldn't see the front of my van. BUT....I made it home safe and sound. Colby lost his first tooth that morning at school. He was SO EXCITED of the prospect of the tooth fairy coming to visit him that I couldn't burst his bubble with the fact that there is indeed no tooth fairy so I played along with him. Put his tooth (which was in a tooth container and in a plastic bag to boot) under his pillow. I went in before I went to bed took the tooth and gave him some money, put it back under his pillow thinking no way is he going to remember the tooth in the morning. WELL WAS I WRONG.....he can out that morning while I was in the kitchen getting breakfast together beaming....holding his baggie. Look mom she came and gave me some money. Bless his heart he was so excited that she didn't take his tooth container and glad that he got some money. So I of course had to take some pics, he did lose his first tooth after all. His other tooth (next to the one he lost) as you can tell from the picture is just hanging by a thread...but he won't let anyone pull it. We will see what the dentist says on Monday.


So anyway Tuesday was a full day of school for us then comes Wednesday, I was feeling very horrible that morning, stuffed up and achy all over and I just wanted to go back to bed but of course couldn't....@ 6:40 they finally called a late start for the day. I went back to bed for about an hour but then the kids were up and at em and ready for breakfast. The temp was well below zero with wind chill. Then we get home from school and there is a message from one of our pastors at our church letting us know that they had cancelled church activities for the evening so we got to stay home and stay warm. The temp was to dip down even lower over night. Of course I didn't check before going to sleep (I was still not feeling all that great and just needed to sleep) if there was a late start in the morning. So I got up Thursday morning and get in the shower @ 20 to six and Jason comes into the bathroom and says "no am preschool and 2 hour late start", well needless to say I was beyond irritated! But I finished up my shower and decided that instead of going back to bed I was going to get some stuff done. So I did. Today is a bit warmer but not much. Thankfully this weekend and next week are suppose to be warm and sunny. We have Monday and Tuesday off from school so that will help and the children can get outside and play, after they get their teeth checked and all that. Keara and I had to go and get our teeth checked today. Not really what I wanted to do on my day off but I did. So it has been a very crazy week around the Bottelberghe household. I can't wait until fall when we are homeschooling and we won't have to leave our house in sub zero temps to go to school. We can stay toasty warm and safe inside our house! So anyway...that is our week in a nutshell! And what a week it has been. Really is the school year over with yet???????

Well I am now actively pursuing my business desire. I hung all my flyers when Keara and I were out and about today. We will see where it leads. I know that this is the direction that God is sending me, He made it very clear to me on Tuesday that this is what He is excepting from me. So I am stepping out in faith and allowing Him control (to an extent although I should let Him have full control but I am a control freak you know!!!!!). Anyway....have a fabulous weekend!!

Cathi

No comments: