Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stepping up and stepping out.....

I have been telling you all about our quest to homeschool starting in the fall, along with that comes the financial end of this whole thing. As you all may know or not know for that matter, we live on a VERY tight budget, that's not to say that we don't "splurge" sometimes because we do. We are refinacing our house @ a lower interest rate which in turn when it is all said and done will bring our payment down take that into consideration and that covers the van payment and the extra insurance that we need on that van with a little bit left over for other things in the budget but even then we will still be short a little bit every month once my checks stop coming in August. So when God said "yes" to homeschooling, He was also working on my heart in another area that I wasn't sure I wanted to go down. I have prayed and talked and prayed some more about it and He "gave" me the answer that I needed to know that it was indeed what He wanted me to do. So last Friday, I hung my flyers around the area and sent a couple to school with Mikayla to give to her friends whose mothers had inquired about this from me. Today I officially became "a business owner". I am stepping up and out, taking faith in my Lord that He will NEVER lead me astray. I am now a piano teacher in our area. I will begin February 16th and as of this writing, I have 3 students already. I am hoping to have more as time gets closer and my goal is to have 5-10 students by next fall when the money will be needed even more. I have been rather hush, hush about this adventure because I really wanted to wait and see if this is truly what God wanted me to pursue, even though He was nudging me FOR MONTHS literally!!! So that is my day in a nutshell. I am excited, scared and everything in between. Tomorrow is back to work and school for all of us after having the last 2 days off. I am looking forward to what God has in store for this family over the next several months. I am also going to start teaching my own kids piano lessons, that should be interesting, as my oldest has no interest in lessons at all, but I feel that this is something she will be extremely good at, she has taken them before and really enjoyed it, don't know why the change of heart now. So please pray for me over the next several weeks, I know that I can do this, but sometimes Satan has a way of making me doubt myself! So here's to stepping up, stepping out and letting God have control of this area in my life! I will keep you posted!

Cathi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cathi, I do firmly believe that the Lord will give us all we need, if that need is financial, then we can work with our strengths and find some small sort of work that will allow us mothers to remain at our primary job. Think of all the money you will save just not driving to work! My daughter Kathleen started giving piano lessons this year, while she still takes instruction from her teacher. As far as piano lessons from you at home, make it part of the daily lessons, and as necessary as math. The gift of music is a wonderful thing. I'm so excited for you guys.