Monday, March 9, 2009

Colby

Today was his doctor's appointment with the allergist. They decided to not run more testing on him because of what has already been done in December. He took Colby's family history and made his recommendations to me. For the next week I have "get ready", prepare and plan and then starting next Monday for 4 weeks, we will have Colby on a VERY STRICT DIET. Due to the fact that migraines run in Jason's family and in my family and yes I am prone to them often enough to be annoyed, and the fact that our little boy has some mild food allergies and doesn't show signs of airborn allergens, the doctor is thinking that Colby is starting to experience migraines, in a mild sense of the word. So we are going to do a strict religious diet for 4 weeks and they will call after that and see if his headaches have improved any, if not then he will refer us to the pediatric neourologist. I am hoping that the diet will work so we don't have to go to yet another doctor. He gave me 2 big packets for soybean allergies and peanut allergies and also a list of food that are migraine triggers. OH MY there are a ton of foods that I wouldn't think could trigger migraines but they do, and some of which Colby eats. YIKES!!! So we are literally back to the drawing board and will start this whole process over again. Good thing that we don't have the "easter bunny" visit us anymore, that could be hard on our little boy. I just for prayers for Colby over the next several weeks as we try to get to the bottom of this problem and get his headaches under control. I just can't wait for the school year to be over with and he will finally be in a controlled environment. I know what is in my house, my food, outside, etc. I really thing something is lurking in that school that could possibly be triggering his headaches also. Why else would they only start after he started school full time, hmmmm......makes a person wonder! Please also continue to pray for my friend "T", she will be leaving for the Mayo clinic on Wednesday and will see several doctors before she sees the surgeon on Monday. It is cancer, but they can't seem to find the primary tumor, this type of cancer is very rare, and right now they do know that it is her liver, so we are praying that the primary is in her liver. Please pray as you feel the Spirit lead. Thanks!

Cathi

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Hello....anybody home? Do you have any updates on Colby? Just checking in to make sure you're still blogging...