Monday, March 23, 2009

Updates.....

I was gently reminded by a dear friend that I hadn't updated on Colby and was just checking to see if I was still blogging. :0)!!! I am still blogging but the homeschooling thing has really taken over some of my time (along with Facebook Mafia Wars, thanks a lot Jason) plus work, and oh yeah.....LIFE!!!!! Here is where we are at.
We are 1 week into our "strict" diet with Colby (we also put Mikayla on it, because of her headache frequency, which is more than I care to have any 8 1/2 year old experience). This is now week 2 of it. We are tracking daily whether they have headaches or not, we also know every ounce of food that those two eat on a daily basis. Overwhelming???? You bet! Well worth it, MOST DEFINITELY!!!! I am happy to report that we have see HUGE improvement in both, and as of this writing Colby has been 1 whole week HEADACHE FREE!!! Praise God! Mikayla has had only 1 headache and we figured out it was something she ate, she hasn't eaten it since and hasn't had a headache. Colby's teacher last week at conferences said that she noticed an improvement in him during the week. He was able to stay on task better and didn't have to be pressed to continue working on his writing. That was huge for me to hear. We will continue the strict diet until April 13th, on that day, we will talk with the doctor and if there has been a decrease in headaches we will not have to see the pediatric neurologist (which is what we are praying for) then we will start slowly re-introducing items back into both of their diets a week at a time and see if anything happens until he is back eating all the things that we had to restrict from him during this time. It is amazing to see him be active and himself again. Not complaining or looking so run down. I myself am prone to headaches also so I decided to help the kids along in the process and do it myself. WOW!!! I am starting to feel better and have been headache free for a week also. I lost 4 1/2 pounds last week just by altering my diet, stop drinking pop (I haven't had a pop or coffee in almost 2 weeks) and lowering my consumption of bread. I am looking forward to what this week will bring for me. So we are still moving forward, as hard as it is some days but the benefits sure out weigh anything else. So there you have it,that is the update on Colby.
I told my boss last Thursday that I would not be renewing my contract for next year at the school. She was very understanding, hated to see me go but totally understood. I am not cut out to be a 1 on 1 aide for a child with disabilities. I am not sure why God put me in these positions at school but there is a reason why He did, it is not for me to understand at this time. I am just moving forward in His direction and where He is leading me at this time in my life. I am still teaching piano lessons and lovin' every minute of it. I have been at it for a month now and will be returning to it in the Fall. I will be taking the summer off to enjoy my kids and their activities. When I start in the Fall, I will have to potential to have 3 more students on top of the 3 that I already have along with their sibilings. I could possibly have 8 students next Fall. That would be AWESOME, but am trusting God to provide me with the correct number of students next Fall so that I will be able to contribute to the family income without having to get an evening job and homeschool my kiddos. It will be an interesting start to our new adventure but that is okay I am ready for anything.
I am going to end this post now, I need to have some down time for myself now that the kids are in bed (except one who is sitting by me working on her science project for school, I am so ready for that part of school to be over with-homework)!!!! Have a wonderful evening!

Cathi

No comments: