Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My week technology free....

WOW! What can I say, that was one of the best weeks ever. I learned so much about myself and how to better channel who I am as a person. Without my computer, I was able to do more things and better manage my time. I have found since I have had my computer back a full 24 hours now, that it can really suck up a lot of my time. Jason went out to mow last night and the kids were in bed so I thought I would get on the internet do some things and then get off and work on my piano business stuff. Well guess what I didn't get to my piano business because I got caught up in the internet. SAD!!! I heard the mower close to the house and then I heard it shut off so I got off my computer and went upstairs so that I could spend a little bit of time with my hubby before bed. As it turned out, he got called into work @ 10:15 and didn't get home time after midnight. I started jounaling again, something I haven't done faithfully since I was in high school. I read more on homeschooling and figured out the last of the curriculum that I want to use for my kids. I worked on my Proverbs 31 bible study that I started myself. I weeded my garden, spent time reading on my new deck and just enjoyed my kids a little more, not to mention a little time to myself without being in front of this thing all the time. I certainly know there is more to life than the computer! I got my letters to the area superintendents sent off today, so we will see if Briana will be able to do volleyball and cheerleading for the a public school this fall. I will keep you posted. It has been one of the best experiences of my life! My goal is to spend a little less time on this thing and a little more time with my kids and of course with my Lord. I have started exercising this week also. I figured if I have time to spend sitting in front of this thing, I should have time to exercise. So it has been 3 days in a row for me, hopefully it will last! My body sure does hurt but I know that the benefits will certainly outway the pain right now. Have plenty of weight to get rid of that's for sure! Anyway...have a great day! Make the most of the time you have! You never know when it may be your last!

Cathi

1 comment:

Jolene said...

I'm impressed! Maybe you should listen to B more often...(Not!).