Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Our summer.....

This month hasn't felt much like summer around here. It has been cold and rainy lately and it is getting very old. This week we are starting to see a turn around. Sunday was a beautiful day, sunny and gorgeous! Monday was cloudy and rainy! Yesterday morning turned out to be much of the same. By the afternoon, that great South Dakota humidity crept in and it is like that today! It is semi over cast today but still humid as all get up! The kids will be taking a dip in our pool this afternoon so they are pretty excited to finlly get into that and start catching some rays. We will probably have some crazy stormy weather tonight, which is typical here in SD over the summer. Not a big fan of storms, never have been and probably never will be. Still trying to work out everyday but can't seem to get up early in the morning to do it! I just love my sleep for some reason! I am going to be in for a rude awakening when we start homeschooling in August! I will have to start getting up early just to have a little time for me before the crazy day begins. I have been contacting schools in our area about rules regarding homeschoolers participating in sports. I got some very positive responses back in our favor so I thought I would just email our school district and find out. Really what did I have to lose? Nothing, but am glad that I did. Just got an email back from our superintendent and basically Briana is eligible to participate in sports at Garretson. We are very excited! He will be sending me information in the mail and forms and such! This is a huge leap for homeschoolers in our area! Many schools still don't allow them to participate! I am glad that our school and a couple of other schools in the area allow them to participate! We will have to see if she would have to take a few courses. We are okay with that, it would keep her involved in choir (she loves to sing you know) and hopefully other courses that I don't want to have to teach her, the electives stuff! She was pretty happy that she could still do volleyball and cheerleading. We will see how it goes! Hopefully she won't receive a back lashing from teammates or the coach because she doesn't attend there full time anymore. It should be an interesting start to our school year! Pretty happy with how things are going for us. I left it in the Lord's hands! I told Him that if it was meant to be he would put it all into place for us. So far He has done all that and then some. Have a wonderful week! I will keep you posted as our summer goes on! Until next time......enjoy the Sun!!!

Cathi

No comments: