Wednesday, May 3, 2017

25 years.....❤️❤️❤️

25 years ago today  (Sunday May 3, 1992) my husband asked me to be his girlfriend. I still remember the day as if it was yesterday. I was tired and emotional and he was taking me to work. We had already talked that after prom he would ask me out. I didn't want to go out before prom because I was going with a friend in my class and I didn't want make things more complicated or have him be jealous, so he agreed to wait to ask me out!!!! We had already talked and seen each other that day and he hadn't said ANYTHING.....by the time we got to my job I was in tears. As I got out of the car and said goodbye....he asked me....I said YES of course! And the rest is history....so to speak!

In those 25 years we have had some rocky roads. We have broken up, gotten back together many times, we had an unplanned pregnancy and 3 years after our first daughter was born we got married. We have endured cancer not once but twice, we have had 3 more kids and have moved from city life to country life and will probably be moving back to city life this summer, since our house went under contract last night! We have weathered the storms of marriage and life but not without some bumps in the road. Some of those bumps, I kid you not, have been HUGE CRATERS.....so huge that we didn't know if we would be able to navigate thru them. But we have somehow stayed the course and gotten through those storms. But without patience, love and Jesus Christ we would not have weathered all the storms we have and made it out on the other side. Are we unscathed on the other side? No we are not!!!! We have deep scars and old wounds, some that have healed and some that are still healing!

But one thing remains for us....our love for one another. A love that runs deep and has stood the test of time. There is no one I want to spend the rest of my life with or grow old with than this man that I said YES to 25 years ago!!!! God has big plans in store for us and I can't wait to see what He has in mind for the rest of our lives together! May we have another 25 (+) years together! Here was his reply to my text this morning telling him thanks for choosing me 25 years ago and every day since!!!!



Tonight we are going to celebrate our love and our house selling by going out to eat and having some quiet alone time together while our kids are at youth group!!!!  It will be our time to reflect and perhaps reminisce about old times and all we have been thru over the years!  It will be a great evening for both of us....focused on today and our future!

NOTHING ever has or ever will come between us.....we are committed to each other and our marriage until one of us leaves this earth for our heavenly home!  

I LOVE YOU JASON ROGER BOTTELBERGHE TO THE VERY DEPTHS OF MY SOUL!!!!

I can't imagine my life without him and I never will!!!

LOVE CONQUERS ALL!!

Until next time,

Cathi





No comments: